Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cheri's Cakes!

Here are some of the cakes that I have made over the years. I love making cakes. I don't have pictures of all of them on this computer, but these were a few of my favorites. I have a lot of favorites... The hardest part about making cakes, especially for other people, is keeping my kids away from the cake. I have only had one serious issue...let's just say I wound up having to make another cake, but the little ones really enjoyed the first one!! haha My mom always made all of our birthday cakes so I grew up not knowing that you can buy cakes from a store...who knew! However, I really don't like store-bought cakes...they just don't taste very good to me. My Mom spoiled me with her cakes I guess!! She made AMAZING cakes. I remember one time I had croup really bad and I got to stay up with her and watch her make this huge wedding cake...INCREDIBLE!! You're awesome MOM!! Thank you for all of the cakes over the years...loved them!! Anyway, just thought I would share one of the things I love to do with you...hope you enjoy the pictures!!

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Those are incredible Cheri! I had no idea you had such baking skills!

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

WOW! That is amazing! I am very impressed, especially about the part about being able to keep the kiddos away from the cake!

Kindall Klan said...

I love the pics, hope you don't mind if I steal some ideas for my kiddos :)

Kindall Klan said...

ok, I just looked at them again, and I don't understand how you can do the whole basket look! That's too cool!!!

Unknown said...

wow Cheri!! those were amazing!!! such talent!! Loved the ones you did for the HP social and Marci - sooooo beautiful!

Cheri said...

Thanks for all of the nice things said! Feel free to use any ideas you want. I hope you have fun making them! Feel free to share your ideas with me. I would love to see your cakes too!!

OMA AND OPA said...

Great job Cheri!!! I think you will be in charge of our summer "birthday bash" cake. So be prepared. Love ya much, mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.