Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's finally here...

Happy 13th Birthday Christopher!!


Christopher...what a blessing you have been to me and this entire family! There are so many things that I love about you! I still remember the moment you were born and you were put into my arms! There aren't words to adequately describe how I felt! You were my first little boy! I was so happy (and so was your dad)! You were a very easy baby! You were the cutest little toddler! You were a very active kid! And now...you are an incredible young man!
As I have watched you learn and grow up over the last 13 years, I am just in awe of you! You are such a kind and compassionate person. I can't begin to tell you how many times other parents have come to me and shared how wonderful they think you are. You really try to do what is right. You have faced struggles and challenges that most kids (or even adults for that matter) never have to deal with. I am so proud of how you deal with those things...especially your diabetes! I know it is a daily battle and some days are better than others, but you are doing it!
I love to look up on Sunday and see you in your white shirt and tie passing the sacrament. What a wonderful blessing that is for you (and your Dad and I). What a wonderful example you are to your younger brother. There are so many things I love about you and am so proud of you for!

I love your...

sense of humor
smile
laugh
caring nature
compassion for others
determination
testimony
athletic abilities
musical talents
sense of adventure
silliness
and so much more...


I love that at 13 years old, you will still give me a hug and kiss on the cheek in front of your friends! I am so thankful that Heavenly Father sent you to me! We may not always see eye-to-eye, but I will always love you...no matter what! However, let's make a pact right now that you won't ever try to test that...haha! :)
Most of all, I love that you continually forgive me when I fall short as your mom! I love you so much and want nothing more than for you to feel safe, secure, happy and loved beyond description!

Thank you for being my wonderful "little" boy!!
And yes, you will always be MY "little" boy! :)

I LOVE YOU!!

7 comments:

OMA AND OPA said...

What a wonderful tribute to your "little"boy! All I can say is "DITO" to all the discriptions of Christopher. He truly is a loving and caring young man. We love him to pieces!! Hope his day is great!
Love, oma

p.s.& fyi:Christopher, when your dad was born, he was our Little boy too and we called him "LiL'Richie" for ever. Ask him, he will remember. :-)

OMA AND OPA said...

Hey, I love that picture!!! Where is mine? haha

Cheri said...

Mom, I just cropped and "picniked" the picture we took at the park in Idaho. It's the one where the kids are up in the tree. I will send you a copy so check your email! :)
Thanks again for the pills for Kehli! She is taking them so hopefully she will start doing better soon. We took her this morning for another blood test and I am getting ready to call for the results. So, check the blog (on the side)for an update soon! We love you and miss you!!

Earl Family said...

HaPpY BIrtHDaY!!!!

mom Tolmanb said...

Cheri, you put into words all the feelings that we as moms all feel about our kids. Thank you for sharing. It was beautiful. And Happy Birthday Christopher. You ARE a good kid! Even as old as I am, I am "the baby". :)

Marci said...

Happy Birthday Christopher! We love you!

Unknown said...

What a sweet "mom-message" to her son - he's lucky to have you! WE are lucky to have you both!! Happy Birthday Christopher!!! We love and miss you!!!!