Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My 7 reasons for existing...


They keep me wanting to be better...for them and for myself, they keep me on my toes, they keep me laughing constantly, they keep me up at night with worry, they keep me very busy with chores (especially laundry), they keep me filled with pride and joy, they keep me real, they keep me humble (they know how to put me in my place when needed), they keep me feeling young, they keep me up on a pedestal... which I do not deserve.

I hear so many women say that they NEED to work and get away from their kids...it makes them a better mom. That may be true for them, but not for me! I'm not saying it is easy for me, or that I don't ever need a break, and yes...there are plenty of nights I can't wait for bedtime! BUT...all I have ever wanted to be is a wife and mommy! This is ALL I will ever NEED! I have a shirt that has a pair of baby shoes on it that says...

The toughest job you will ever love!

I totally believe that statement to be true! Being a wife and a mom is the toughest thing I have ever done, but it is also the MOST rewarding! I have 7 gorgeous reasons to get out of bed in the morning and 7 reasons to laugh instead of cry when everything seems bleak, and 7 reasons to be ecstatic when things are going fantastic.

Count Your Blessings, Name them one by one...

Richard, Brittaney, Christopher, Kehli, Brenden, Katelyn and Tayler!

What more could I ever ask for or dream of?
I love my "little" family!!

5 comments:

Earl Family said...

Ahhhh...so sweet.

Unknown said...

aawwwww... what a sweet sentiment about your lovely family. Naturally I love them too and I love YOU Cheri and am sooooo thankful that Rich found someone who is so good for him. I am so thankful to have you for a sister!!

Unknown said...

aww mom!! i love you (:
you are such an amazing person!! you deserve much MORE than to be up on a pedestal! we all love you so much! thank you for everything you do!!

OMA AND OPA said...

Great picture of some great family members! Love you all, and miss you. DIDO Cheri!

christy jensen said...

What a great reason to get up in the morning. Beautiful family.