Saturday, January 9, 2010

Until Tomorrow...

I have so many things I need to blog about! However, tonight I am going to spend some time with my wonderful husband (while the kids watch a movie upstairs). Katelyn is sick. She has been running 102 fever since Thursday. I think I am going to take her into the sick clinic at her peds office tomorrow. Anyway, my point is that I will be staying home with her during church tomorrow so maybe I will have some time to sit down and blog. So, until tomorrow...I have a poem for you! I have had this since I was a teenager and it hangs on my bulletin board in my kitchen. This poem has helped me through many difficult times and I hope it helps you too!

This was the first time Tayler folded her arms for prayer all by herself!

Prayer

I know not by what methods rare
But this I know God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His word
Which tells me prayer is always heard.
And will be answered, soon or late,
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessings sought
Will come just in the way I thought.
But leave my prayers with Him alone
Whose will is wiser than my own.
Assured that He will grant my quest
Or send some answer far more blessed.
Eliza M. Hickok

4 comments:

We are FAM-I-LEE said...

Hope everything is OK! Thinking about you & your family.

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing that! such a sweet little pic of Tayler too! was good to talk to you guys last night - if even for a minute!
love you all!

mom Tolmanb said...

That picture is SO cute of her folding her arms. ANd the poem is very good to remember.

OMA AND OPA said...

Love that girl! Give her hugs from Oma and Opa!
Great poem too.
Love you all, Oma