Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another "First"...

The score was 21-17. Christopher's football team was down by 4. There were 4 seconds left on the clock. The quarterback dopped back and looked for an open man, threw the ball and the crowd went crazy! Christopher was running as fast as he could, turned and looked to catch the ball...beautiful catch! He continued running with the defensive backs right on top of him. They lunged and tackled him as he threw himself into the endzone. TOUCHDOWN!!!! Christopher just scored the game-winning points! Unfortunately, as he got up, he was holding his arm. Christopher had broken his arm. The crowd was absolutely quiet, but then Christopher waved as if to say, "I'm ok!" The crowd went crazy chanting Christopher's name.
That sounded great didn't it? If only that had really happened. The truth is.... he was playing football (catch) out front with his best friend (our next-door neighbor), Josh, and he tripped over the curb while trying to catch a pass. I guess Christopher thought that his Steeler's Jersey gave him SUPERPOWERS...haha!! WRONG!! Needless to say, we got to spend the evening in the ER last night! Luckily, we weren't there too long. They put him in a splint and we have to go see the orthopaedic doctor on Monday. What really stinks is that football tryouts were this last week and practice starts on Monday. I don't know that Christopher will be playing this year now. I guess we will see. I know....you are all so jealous of Christopher! haha
Christopher, when I said in the last post that I love "firsts", I didn't mean that you needed to get in on the action too! I can do without these kind of "firsts"!! haha Seriously, love you bud and I'm sorry this happened to you!! Hopefully, you can still play at some point. Love you!!

2 comments:

mom Tolmanb said...

Oh, my goodness, I can't tell you how my emotions were on a roller coaster as i read your blog. I really thought we were going to need his autograph. I am so sorry it turned out the way it did.I guess you have to remember that things have happened to Pros and they still played again. But it doensn't help the heartache sometime. We'll still root for the outcome and cheer him on. Love Aunt Sherie

OMA AND OPA said...

What a story! Sounded great! I will have to agree w/Aunt Sherie, I was excited too, and I knew what really happened. haha. Nice picture of Christopher, nice haircut too. All ready for football. Love ya, oma