Monday, August 25, 2008

I LOVE HIM...

I was sitting on the couch with Rich the other night and I told him that I love him like I did when I was 16...obviously more than I did when I was 16, but LIKE I did then. What I meant was that I can't seem to get enough of my husband these days (G-rated thoughts only!!). I miss him when he goes to work. I get so excited when I know he is on his way home. I love that he still makes my heart skip a beat! I love holding his hand in public. I love snuggling up next to him on the couch. I love when he puts his arm around me. I love the look he gives me from across the room that makes my heart melt. I love when I am doing the dishes and he walks up behind me and puts his arms around me and kisses me. I love the quiet time we have together after the kids go to bed. I love watching him hold our kids. I love watching him give our kids hugs and kisses! I love watching him wrestle around on the floor with our kids. I love the way he holds my face in his hands as he kisses me. I love the random emails during the day just telling me that he loves me. I love the way he sweeps and mops a floor. I love that he knows everything about electronics. I love the back rubs every night. I love the patience and forgiveness that he gives me. I love that he inspires me to be better than I really am. I love watching him with our kids. I love the way he loves our kids. I love watching his face light up when the kids charge at him every night when he gets home. I love that he goes to church with us every Sunday. I love that he fulfills his calling. I love that he was able to give our kids blessings for school. I love that he has gone back to school and has worked so hard. I love that he only has 1 more year left! haha I love that he works SO HARD for our family. I love that he will allow me space and time to do the things I like to do as well. I love watching him watch the Steelers play. I love the excitement in his eyes and his screams. I love that he thinks he has to wear his jersey, sit in his chair and hold his football a certain way or they won't win. I love that he has converted our whole family and a lot of our friends to Steeler heaven. I love that he can say "I'm sorry". I love that he can shed a tear in front of me and show his emotions. I love that he loves his parents and brothers and sisters so much. I love that he would do anything for anyone. I love that he would protect his family at any cost. I love that he puts up with his little car so that I can drive the van. I love that he puts up with my sarcasm and throws it right back at me. I love that he laughs at my jokes even though they aren't always funny. I love that he tells me I'm beautiful. I love that he likes to hear me play the piano. I love going on dates with him. I love that his is the last face I see when I go to sleep every night. I love when I have fallen asleep and I wake up to him kissing my cheek soflty as he whispers that he loves me before he goes to sleep. I love seeing the excitement in his eyes as he reaches new milestones on his new adventure - I am so proud of him. I love that he likes my cooking. I love his cooking too, especially his roast he makes...mmmmmm. I love to watch him "people watch" - he's so funny. I love his sense of humor. I love to watch him laugh so hard that he cries. I love that he still tries to surprise me. I love that he tries so hard to make us happy. I love that HE is the father of my children. I love that he made me a MOM!! Most of all- I LOVE that after 16 years of marriage and everything we've been through that he still loves me...THANK YOU RICH - I LOVE YOU!!

6 comments:

mom Tolmanb said...

What a blog!! Many sweet things said. Makes ME stop and think. Thank you for your example in writing your gratitude and for Richard in him being who he is. Question though: does he people watch like his mom?? :):) :) Mean it only in cuteness!!! Aunt Sherie

Cheri said...

Yes, he people watches just like his Mom! We have often joked about it! Love them both!! Thanks Aunt Sherie for all of your comments...love them and YOU!!

Unknown said...

great post Cheri! He is a great guy - but I LOVE that he married someone as great as you and made you part of our family (and that you put up with him) - we love YOU!!!

OMA AND OPA said...

WOW!!! I cried all the way to the end!!!and still crying....can't think of a better tribute to a husband, friend, eternal companion, father, son, brother...you make us proud. Both of you!!! He really is a great guy, look who he married! Love you all, mom
hey! Don't laugh, it's fun and cheep intertainment to watch people. Try it sometime, and I am sure you have all done it too. haha

Laura said...

This is the cutest thing that I have ever read!

Cheri said...

Nicki and Mom/Dad, thanks for the nice things you said! I LOVE being a part of this family!! Don't tell Rich, but I really married him for his family!! :) He was a bonus!! :) haha
Love you guys!!