Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cheri's Birthday-a week long celebration!

Ok here we go now...my computer was being dumb, but it's fixed. Now for the text...
My wonderful hubby surprised me with a special day last Saturday. First, we went to the movies and saw The Secret Life of Bees. Then we went to the mall and walked around. After that, we came home and he told me to get dressed up. Then he really surprised me by taking me to dinner at this restaurant called Peterson's. It was the best food we have ever had...EVER!! It was such a nice surprise. I felt bad for him though, because he had planned on surprising me by taking me to the driving range and teaching me how to golf. Then we were suppose to go to Ft. Ben State Park and go for a nice long walk through the trails. BUT---it was freezing that day! His plan B turned out fantastic, though!! We had a wonderful day together. Brittaney was wonderful and watched the kids all day for us and the kids behaved for her! :) Thanks kiddos!!
Then on Wednesday (my birthday was Thursday, the next day) Rich came home from school and he had stopped by the store on his way home and picked me up this card and peach roses (my favorite). It was very sweet of him and a nice surprise for me.
Then on Thursday, he surprised me by coming home for lunch (he never does that). It actually kind of scared me when I heard the front door open. After work, he surprised me by bringing me a Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino from Starbucks. I LOVE that drink!!!! Brittaney (with the kid's help) had made me my texas sheet cake after school and then Rich iced it when he got home. YUMMY!! Christopher made me french toast for dinner (he makes the best french toast)!! In our family, the birthday person gets to pick the dinner meal. French toast sounded good that day. haha Later that evening my visiting teachers brought me a bright, beautiful bouquet of flowers. That was so sweet and thoughtful of them.
I had a wonderful week and I really appreciate the effort Rich and the kids put in to making this birthday very special for me. I love you all !! Thank you!!

My beautiful roses and my card from Rich!

Brittaney "enjoying" the cake...

All the kids making my cake!


I Love this!

3 comments:

Marci said...

You really do have a great family! Everybody loves Cheri! And you truely deserved everything they did for you, because you do so much for everyone else. We love you ree ree!

Unknown said...

Well, I am so glad that they all (especially Rich) did so much for you! You are the most deserving wife and mom and we all love you so much! Glad they spoiled you!

Laura said...

Your family is way too cute! You totally deserve to have a whole week devoted to just you! Oh...and yes...my mom has her official offer now. Her start date is between December 7 and January 18, but she hasn't heard the exact date yet.