Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Know That My Redeemer Lives!

I have some people very special to me that are going through very tough times in their life right now, and I just wanted to share this. This video (the images and music) sum up my testimony of our Savior without me saying a word. I, too, have gone through some tough things in my life. I didn't always handle everything the way that I should have, but I never lost my testimony. That is what got me through my trials. Through faith in Christ...

EVERYTHING is possible!!

One thing I learned through my trials was that the Atonement isn't only for our sins ( I "knew" that, but I didn't KNOW that). Christ suffered for every feeling that we would feel-every tear we would shed, every ounce of fear, sadness, frustration, loneliness, heartache we would ever have---he suffered for it ALL!! All we have to do is allow the Atonement to work for us in our own lives. It truly is miraculous!! I know our Father in Heaven and our Savior love us beyond description. They are mindful of our needs and our feelings. They know what we need to endure in this life to reach our Celestial potential. Trust in Him, have faith, and remember to pray. If you can't pray, know that I am praying for you!! I love all of you dearly and you are all in my prayers! I hope and pray that each of you can find the peace and joy in your life that I know the Atonement can bring you.

I KNOW THAT OUR REDEEMER LIVES!!

This has been my favorite scripture since I was in high school.

Alma 26:27

Now, when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

This is one of my favorite poems that has helped me also.

Prayer

I know not by what methods rare

But this I know God answers prayer.

I know that He has given His word

Which tells me prayer is always heard.

And will be answered, soon or late,

And so I pray and calmly wait.

I know not if the blessings sought

Will come just in the way I thought.

But leave my prayers with Him alone

Whose will is wiser than my own.

Assured that he will grant my quest

Or send some answer far more blessed.

Eliza M. Hickok

6 comments:

mom Tolmanb said...

Thank you for your testimony. love ya

Elizabeth said...

How lucky am I to have such a great big sister with such an amazing testimony?! I love you and can't wait to come home and see you!

Love you,
Lil

christy jensen said...

How very sweet of you to share that with us! Thank you for being such a great example to our family.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for all of your support and your words of encouragement. Thank you for posting that video and sharing your sweet thoughts and testimony with us all. You are such good example for me and I am so thankful to call you my sister!! (sooooo thankful that you "stuck it out" with my dear brother!!)

Marci said...

As I am trying to type through the tears I have to say thank you so much for being such a wonderful sister! You are truely such an inspiration to me. I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow because you really do deserve it! xoxoxoxo

OMA AND OPA said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Love you so much!
That was a beautiful testimony from a beautiful daughter! Thanks for your example to us all! Miss you much, love mom