Monday, November 24, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

Saturday, Rich and I were able to go down to the Louisville Temple. It was so nice, and we had a wonderful time. It almost didn't happen. Friday afternoon I had a feeling to check my recommend and lo and behold...it had expired. AAAHHHH!! So, I called Bryan (a counselor in our bishopric) and I called the stake counselor and by some miracle they were both able to fit me in last minute Friday night! THANK YOU!! I guess we were meant to be there that day! :) Rich, thanks for being there with me and for the wonderful day! I LOVE YOU!!

While we were at the temple, Brittaney got to spend some time with her boyfriend, Austin. He lives down in Louisville about 15 minutes from the temple. Here is a picture of them at his house. He really seems like a great young man and his family seems great too. They were so nice to have Brittaney and let her spend the day with them. The best part of all of this was that Austin didn't know that we were bringing Brittaney down. His parents knew and so they had him answer the door. His face was...PRICELESS!! They had a great day together. He let her bring home his football sweatshirt (which his parents said is a BIG deal)! She is wearing it in the picture. Thanks to Austin and his family for letting Brittaney spend the day with you!! A BIG thank you to my parents also because they watched all the other kids ALL DAY!!
...what a wonderful weekend!!

5 comments:

OMA AND OPA said...

Hey, the temple trip and all sounded really great, glad you got to go.
Rich!you must be slipping or getting soft in your old age....Brittaney and a BOYFRIEND!??I thought that wasn't going to be possible until she was 30. I do remember you saying something like that when she was a little girl. Look Out! Love ya all, mom

mom Tolmanb said...

Beautiful temple. How blessed you are to be able to do that.How blessed WE are to have temples. I'm going to mine today. Love it.

Unknown said...

This is opa- You still have at least 5 years before you have a boyfriend like this. I guess that i will have to take care of this when we come back at the end of December. Be careful. love you, Opa

Steve and Lisa said...

Rich and Cheri,
Thank you so much for bringing Brittaney with you on your temple trip. She is a great young woman and it was great to get to know her a little better.
Brittaney,
Austin and I have been discussing dates when he can come and visit and it looks like May 27th might just work...or we could just push it to July 3rd and make it a birthday present! :-) haha
Thanks again for setting up the surprise.

Unknown said...

i'm glad you && dad had fun... i did too(;

&& well... i'll be down there soon then haha