Monday, September 14, 2009

CaKeS & Birthday Girls!!

We celebrated Katleyn's and Tayler's birthdays this weekend! I was crazy and decided to bake 2 cakes in one day...did I mention I was CRAZY!! Eight hours later I was done with both and had two happy little girls! That's all that matters!!

BUT...

I have been nominated for bad mom of the year award!

Katelyn's birthday was August 12th (yes, last month)! That was also Rich's last night of school and if you read this blog, you will know that we were at school surprising him that night. Well, she did get to open her presents that night when we got home...BUT, I told her she would get her cake and ice cream later. She was fine with that, but she informed me that she would have to stay 5 1/2 years old until she had her cake! Now comes the bad mom part...she had to wait until September 13th (a whole month) to officially turn 6!! I know...so sad! Needless to say, Katelyn is finally 6...YAY!!

Here are a few pictures to enjoy...

Katelyn July 2009

Katelyn's Cake - she wanted a butterfly cake

She's 2 now!!

I couldn't decide what kind of cake to make her, so...
I decided to do a basket with her favorite things in it...
(her pink blanket, shoes, jewelry, baby dolls, rubber duckies, school buses)


Her cake with her name on the blocks...
(notice the finger marks in the fondant blanket)

Have I told you she LOVES jewelry, shoes, and babies?

8 comments:

mom Tolmanb said...

wow, those are cute. You sure spend a lot of time and energy on what's going to get eaten! haha What a good mom.

OMA AND OPA said...

That was fun! Love the cakes! You sure know how to put them out. The kids loved them I am sure. What some cute kids! Could Tayler stand up with all that jewelry on her neck? What a sweetheart! Miss you all so much!!

Kyla said...

Great looking basket...I mean cake. :) I love you so much and am glad to call you my sister. Glad to have you as my best friend too.

Kyla said...

Just thought I'd leava a comment on you blog. I love you and your cakes are great. I hope you have a great weekend.

OMA AND OPA said...

Hi, just checked your blog looking for Kehli's birthday cake and seeing her cute monkey face, ?? where is she???
Looks like we need to make sure she stays on the Lactoferrin Gold Nutrition doesn't it? Sorry her numbers went down, hope she starts going back up this month.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS KEHLI! Love ya, Oma and Opa

Unknown said...

LOVE the cakes and LOVE the birthday girls!! MISS YOU ALL!!!

Unknown said...

Hey! Missing your blog and all the news and pics!!!!!! Love you all and hope all is well!

Earl Family said...

Your cakes are amazing and your blog is so cheerful! It makes me so happy just looking at it. :)