Sunday, September 14, 2008

Nana made it all better...

Here's the story...when I was little I had a yellow blanket just like this blue one. So, my mom got each of my kids one (different colors for each one) when they were born. Well, somehow, we lost Brenden's. So everyone has their blanket except Brenden. At some point I found a little version of his blanket (before he lost his). It is about a 12'' x 12'' size blanket. Very convenient for taking in the car or to have in his little infant carseat at church. Anyway, the point is that he has been using that little thing ever since he lost his big blanket. So, I told my mom that he had lost his big blanket and of course it was Nana to the rescue!! I got a call yesterday afternoon that she was on her way here and that she needed to speak with Brenden. So I got Brenden and we met her outside. When she pulled up he got in her car and the conversation went something like this:

B: Hi Nana!
N: Hi Brenden. Hey, have you lost something that you loved and wished you could have back?
B: (paused for a moment)...Nope...
N: (grabbed the bag and started pulling out the blanket slowly) Not even a....(she didn't even get a chance to finish)
B: (his eyes were as big as quarters and he said)...A BIG BLANKIE... YEAH!!!!! He grabbed it and snuggled it and started to jump out of the car.....(I knew where he was headed so quickly...he wanted to show his Daddy)! Of course I grabbed him and reminded him to thank Nana and so he gave her BIG hugs and kisses. Then he jumped out of the car and ran inside to show Rich! (Nana understood his excitement, though)!! Thanks Nana!

Mom, thank you for making my little boys day! You know how I feel about those blankets and so I guess you can say you made my day too!! :) Who knew when you bought me that yellow blanket 34 years ago that it would become a family tradition! I LOVE those blankets.

P.S. Just so everyone knows...my mom was gone for 3 hours trying to find Brenden this blanket. She couldn't find a blue one anywhere. She wound up finding one on the other side of town. So she drove all the way there to pick it up for him. That's a big deal, especially considering gas prices. What a trooper...THANKS MOM...you are the BEST!! I LOVE YOU!!

5 comments:

George and Lyndia Wright said...

You are most welcome! I wish I had enough hands and memory and time to make eveyday special for all of you. But I know that you know I love you all to pieces...I look forward t spending eternity with each one of you!!
Love Nana

Kyla said...

Yeah Nana! I feel left out because I never got one of those blankets. Brenden when I come to visit will you share your little blanket with me.

Unknown said...

what a sweet mom you have! I can just see Brenden's excitment! Good for him and great tradition!

OMA AND OPA said...

Great story, thanks for sharing. Mom's are special! You've got a good one Cheri! Glad she could make your day, and Brenden's. Lucky him. Love ya all!

Elizabeth said...

WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT NANA'S BLANKETS? I KNOW.........SAME THING KLYA IS DOING! HA HA!!! LOVE YOU!!! (and you too if your are reading this Kyla!) I just couldn't resist!!!!